Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Rava Ladoo


INGREDIENTS:

Rava/Semolina-1 cup
Coconut(grated)-3/4 cup
Milk- 1/3 cup(add few tbsp more milk if you want very soft ladoos)
Powdered Sugar-1/4 cup
Cardamon powder - a pinch
Cashews - 7 to 8
Raisins- 8
Ghee-2 Tbsp
Powdered sugar for coating(opt)


METHOD:
  • Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins till they turn a little brown.
  • Add the grated coconut and stir for a few minutes in low flame.
  • Now,add the semolina and saute them till it changes into brown colour.
  • Add powdered sugar and keep mixing it for 3 to 4 minutes.
  • Switch off the flame and add milk slowly to it.
  • Add cardamon powder to it.
  • Mix well till you are able to form dumplings out of it.
  • Finally,coat the balls in powdered sugar if desired.
Sending this to :




            

28 comments:

  1. These are my favorite laddos and too bad I haven't eaten them in the past fifteen years. Now I want to make them:) yours look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....mouthwatering & tempting ladoos......:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only nearest ball I have tasted is the ghee bal1. Ladoo is mostly bought from stores when I feel like eating a bit. That said this rava ladoo is utmostly tempting, great flavors incorporated for an awesome outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bookmarked. Loved the wonderful laddoos. You have a great blog here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much purabi for visiting my space :-)

      Delete
  5. Who doesn't like these simple yet yummy snacks. ..gud clicks nisha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nisha ,Rava ladoo looks so good,liked the idea of coating in pd sugar.BTW White template looks really clean I too went for white for a change from pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect laddoos...

    thnk u fr linking it to my event.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy ladoo Nisha it looks fabulous :)
    Thank you for visit my site createwithmom Inshallah keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fantastic and tempting clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh..cho cute luking laddus.easy n yummy too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear usha for visiting my space :)

      Delete
  11. I like sweet...bangla language is mysty (I dont like what spelling). When I pregnanted my two kids, I want only Bangla Sweet and Indian sweet. I think, I will try to make it. Thanks to share Nisha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Ha :)I too had sweet cravings during pregnancy.Do give this a try Elly,am sure u would like it :)

      Delete
  12. Ladoo looks super yummy Nisha. Love it very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much and Welcome back my dear friend....:-)

      Delete
  13. The ladoos look so very yummy Nisha :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi ,Thank you so much for your valuable comments.